The raft in the picture below has washed up on the shore of Lac Heney. Please contact us and we can put you in touch with the person who spotted it.
Welcome to the lakes and to the opening up of our region. We are hopeful that the summer and fall of 2021 will be better for everyone as the pandemic starts to subside.
The Annual General Meeting of the BVLH Watershed will be held outdoors under a tent on Sunday August 29, 2021 on the grounds of the Lac-Sainte-Marie municipal offices:
Municipality of Lac-Sainte-Marie Community Centre
106, chemin Lac-Sainte-Marie
PLEASE JOIN US!! The association meeting will start at 10:30 am. Lunch will be served at noon. Free BBQ and soft drinks for all members. This is an opportunity to hear about the following:
- Bay Captains and their work during the pandemic
- The state of the lakes in our watershed and their water quality (Noir, Vert, à la Barbue, Desormeaux, and Heney)
- The new signage for islands on Lac Heney and priorities for protecting their environment
- Information regarding candidates running in the upcoming municipal elections
- Mugs and shirts will be for sale to support the work of the association.
- You can pay dues at the meeting if you have not paid online at www.mylacheney.ca
As the Covid-19 situation continues to evolve, we understand that frequent changes to public health regulations can be confusing and frustrating for everyone, particularly our members who cross a provincial border to get to their cottages. Please note that, given how quickly the situation and the provincial governments’ responses continue to change, it would not be prudent for the Association to provide advice or guidance on the impact of COVID-19 regulations on our members.
However, the provinces of both Ontario and Quebec publish the latestinformation on the following websites:
- Ontario: www.covid-19.ontario.ca
- Quebec: www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus (click on the tab Measures in force by region)
If you have any other questions or would be interested in learning more about the Association and its mandate to protect the quality of the watershed lakes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and to get involved.
In the meantime, we continue to wish all of our members and their families health and perseverance during these difficult times, with the hope that things will begin to get better in the months ahead.
Bassin versant du Lac Heney Watershed
As in previous years, the clean-up of ditches and roadside areas is planned for the weekend after Earth day, which is April 22 this year. The clean-up is on Saturday and Sunday, April 24 and 25 2021. ALL volunteers are encouraged to participate and rid the roadsides of bottles, cans and various litter.